Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. New here. Just bought a new 125 gallon setup. I noticed when placing the aquarium on the stand that only three of the four corners were flush with the stand. Decided to fill it up with water anyway. Even after filling with water, the fourth corner did not rest flush with the stand. The gap is about 1/16" only. Could this be enough to cause any damage to my aquarium? The gap starts at the corner and extends about 6-8"" before becoming flush with the stand. Should I put shims in there?Posted in the wrong forum before. Hope someone can help. Have pics, but can't post them up yet cause I'm new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pictures have been posted. The white you see between the tank and stand is the gap I'm reffering to. Also, the pic didn't come out so well, but you can see some separation in the glass.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Wow, looks like a faulty stand. I would consider taking it back. But if that is not an option, definitely shim that corner. If you are worried about the seal, then drain the tank and reseal it. Is the tank leaking at all?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts