Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance wants to start a tank for himself and I'm trying to decide what size I should start him on. I have a spare 10 gallon (too small I think) a 20 long and a 29 gallon. What he actually puts in the tank will be decided after we pick the size. I'm thinking the 20 long.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Well, I am biased to the 20 gallon long because I have one and love it :) It's great if you were planning on getting live plants for the setup; it leaves a long footprint to plant and being shorter in height, it allows the plants to be closer to the light. I also find that the longer the tank, the more room schooling fish have. They tend to swim more horizontally back-and-forth than up and down. I'm in the process of getting 7 rasbora espei for my tank...they'll look great swimming back and forth!

I do like the 29 gallon tank size too! I'll eventually get one of those as well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I think I'm going to go with giving him the 20 long. I have a feeling he will go with guppies, and they will work great in it. If he really wants the 29, then I'll get the 20 going for myself! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the 20L would be great. It really depends on what you're planning to keep because if you are going to be planted, you'll benefit from the 20L's lenght and shor height, but if you're going something like an angelfish, a 29 is recommended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts