Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any suggestions for taking nice photos?

I'm really no good at it.. I have a little digital camera and I'm terrible with technology! Any tips? Tricks?

I figured getting a thread like this started might be a good idea.. :)

Thanks in advance guys!

:two_plus_two_equals

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
what kind of camera do you have

if it is possible use a tripod
ans slow your shutter speed way down, you get much better colors that way
take multiples and hope for the best IME practice doesnt make perfect but it makes better

it took me about a week of taking picture to get both my clownfish in focus in this one

·
Registered
110 Posts
I usually try to stand several feet away and use the zoom so they don't get exited and start swimming around real fast. It seems to be working. I think I'll take the tripod advice though.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
look at my synodontis euptera(upside down catfish)...you wont believe how long it took to take a pic like this..

[/url][/IMG]

*J/D**J/D**n1

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
If you can fashion a very bright light above the subject. It will help focus better. I don't use the zoom on fish photos as it can cause blurring. I can get right up to the tank glass to take pics.

I also use a faster shutter speed as it will let more light in.
This little dario is less than 1 inch

I had the camera lense flush with the glass on this one. You can see the eyes of the babies in the eggs.

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
wow those are great pictures with no macro!
so when should i expect delivery of your 220g? haha i can wait to see that baby up and running
i wish i had room for a tank that size

·
Registered
116 Posts
For me what I use is
- A lot of patience
- Take tons of pictures because probably you can get 1 picture out of 20 that will be usable because the fish moves a lot and very fast.
- You can also increase the light a little bit so the camera doesn't take much time to adjust.
- No flash.
- The closer you are, the better the picture, but the closer you are the more difficult it is (I use an SLR camera so I need to use manual focus)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Phil,

Amazing picture. What kind of SLR camera is this?

take multiples and hope for the best IME practice doesnt make perfect but it makes better

it took me about a week of taking picture to get both my clownfish in focus in this one

·
Registered
45 Posts

The clown in the upper-left, what is that in front of his mouth? I ask because I have some of those on this live rock I bought from this guy on Craigslist.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts