Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive read a few places that the tek t5 fixture with 4x54 watt fixture puts out more light than the nova pro with 6x54 watts, price is close and it will be going on a 72 bow and that does not give me much room, only 13", what would you guys do if you were me? thanks guys.....and gals....

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would go with the TEK myself and I blieve the reason some say that you get more light might be because the nova has a contoured reflector and the TEK has individual insert reflectors but I am not sure. I am pretty sure the bulbs that come with the Nova are low end bulbs so depending on what you plan to keep you might want to change out the bulbs and the TEK doesnt come with bulbs so you would need to purchase them seperately.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for the info, i will need to replace bulbs in a year or less anyway right, so i willl probley want the 6 bulb rather than the 4 bulb setup , and also can i grow almost anything with this setup?

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
You will get great light coverage with that unit and yes you can grow most SPS, LPS, softies, anemones etc. with it. Plus with 6 bulbs you will have the ability to mix and match bulbs to get the color you like. I like halide lamps and T5 combinations, but I have seen some great tanks done in all T5 so go for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts