Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 of these little guys (about 1.5 inches) in my 30 gallon aquarium and I have a couple of questions for anybody that might have some experience with these guys

Do these guys produce a lot of bio waste?
What do you guys generally feed them?
I don't know how to get these guys to eat, I understand they are bottom feeders, but I don't see them eat ever. I try to drop a lot of pellets, but I think the other fish might take care of that before the cats get a chance considering how passive they are.
They tend to hide within this depression underneath fake plants that I created, is this normal behavior?
There isn't much information on these guys, but some say brine shrimp is a good choice of food. But the brine shrimp that I get only stays on the top, how do you feed bottom feeders this?

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
i have 2 synodontis eupterus in my 55 gallon. they are each about 4-5 inches long and they are just awsome. i feed them once a day and i vary their diet with algae wafers and shrimp pellets. when i feed the tiger barbs they usually steal a couple of flakes as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They're social fish, more active/visible in groups. They'll eat anything they come across, but should have some veggie content (spirulina flake if nothing else) in their diet too. You can drop in some food after the lights are off so they get some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts