Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
newbie to sw
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so the other day I decided to build this thing. The main purpose I wanted to accomplish was to have a place to hide the pumps, protein skimmer, heaters, filters, etc.., to tame down the micro bubbles a little and add a little more water to the system. I didn't have a clue what I was doing and all the info on the internet just made me more confused so I just took a swing at it. I think I've accomplished what I set out to do, but I'd like to do a little more with it. It's 40Lx16Hx10W. I figured maybe I'd fill the first chamber with Live rock (and the filters, etc) and the second with algae, plants and stuff like that. Anyone have any advice? *pc

Thanks, Greg

·
newbie to sw
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok I guess that wasn't the picture I wanted. Lol. The first chamber is 20L w/ 13" of water and the second is 10L, but only has about 6" of water. And it has a little 10 gallon canopy w/ a fluorescent bulb. The tank is a 40 g long fowlr, but hopefully I can add some corals when I build the canopy and install the new lights.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Good job. The area under the light you should put some chaetomorpha algae and run it as an algae scrubber. Once it gets growing good, it will block out your ability to grow a lot of corals, but what some people do is balance frag plugs/disks on the top of the algae mat if you dont have room or dont want them in the main tank.

·
newbie to sw
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok Thanks! I've been looking at algae all day trying to figure out what would be best to put in it and I actually have some spaghetti algae! =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts