Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im planning on changing the substrate in my tank to something that would be more viabale to plants. Here is the process i was going to take. Its a 20 gallon tank wtih 2 penguin 100 biowheels on it. I was going to take 2 five gallon buckets, fillt them with tank water and put one filter on each bucket, spitting the fish up into each 5 gallon bucket with filter. Once the fish are secure and hopefully not too stressed i would drain the remainder of the water, remove the gravel and plants, clean the tank then resubstrate and replant plus more plants. I plan on putting the 10 gallons that the fish will be kept in back in the tank since the water will never have stopped being filtered. So basically ill have 2 cycled filters, 1/2 of my original water and 1/2new water. Does this process sound good? Does anyone think it will ruin my cycle? Any advice on what else i can do to maybe improve? any feedback is welcome, especially from somone who has done this already.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok ill try and save as much water as possiable. Right now i only have 2 buckets, ill go to home depot and buy another, 15 gallons saved plus the addtion of more substrate and plants should fill out the tank witout much new water

1 - 3 of 3 Posts