Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stressed to the max! My Oscar used to consume both Hikari Cichlid Gold pellets and Freeze Dried Krill.......now he only eats the krill and refuses to eat the pellets. I have no money for at least 10 days until I can go shopping and get more krill because he is almost out, I figured he would eat both but he just refuses the pellets, will he starve?. That is only one part of my problem, I had a substrate build up of particles and materials recently (looked like heck) so I added Microb-Lift Substrate cleaner and it blacked my Aquarium out (I now realize it takes 48-96 hours to clear up) however before this I added the Microb-Lift Clarification product as well, and now its a milky white in there. The bottom no longer has particle build up but just a bunch of thready brown muck (is this the breakdown process?) and do these two products conflict or will the tank straighten itself out?.

So stressed here need some words of wisdom to these questions ha ha

Nate

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I don't know the anwer to the second question but I used to breed oscars and because you have spoiled him lol he won't eat the pellet. Mine wouldn't either, mine got a TON of feeders. I don't know how big yours is. Fish in the wild don't eat everyday. You can always try feeding him every other day. To save your krill until you can get more.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your reply. I think I was just feeling a little overloaded when I posted it. In fact the tank cleaned up quite nicely and I just kept feeding one pellet at a time and would remove it and attempt every 12 hours, finally he just accepted them and now eats them regularly so everything is fine. I just love my aquarium and get easily worried if there are problems with it:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
It's amazing how attached we get to our oscars. It is also hard to not spoil them.
It also depends a lot on the individual fish. I read some where that oscars like earth worms. so I picked up a tub of worms from the bait store to give them a treat. I have 2 oscars and 1 of them won't eat the worms.

They are also the only fish that have names. Cosmo and Poly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're right its unbelievable ha ha. I had a Red Devil for a while but never had a concrete name, this Oscar I have is named Blaze because of his brilliant colors and he has a very nice eye spot on the tail!

Nate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts