Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first of all the fish involved are mixed, I have 2 dempsey's and a red devil that are acting wierd. the devil just lays in a cave at a 45 degree angle and 1 of the jd's lays in there with it. the devil will lay there forever, almost looks like he is dead, then randomly come out and swim around, comes out for feeding. its just strange, no eggs so they are not breeding, im confused by this, any ideas??

Second thing going on is with my jelly bean parrot and some con's. I thought that when they found their mate they were together to the end? My jelly and a con already have had young and now he has paired with another con and she is hanging around with a con that has a girl, again confusing. any opinions???

[/url][/IMG]

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
from the picture and description, it sounds like your red devil and jd are trying to hide from the convicts. Convicts tend to breed FAST and defend their eggs bigtime. how big is your tank? it's probably too small for the jd and red devil to escape...

to know for sure, try watching the tank from a distance (so the fish don't get focused on you) and see what happens when the devil and jd try to come out...

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats whats even funnier, the cons avoid them all together. the cons go at each other but swim freely the rest of the time, everyone else in the tank kind of ignore the 3 of them. the jd's swim right through the con fry and dont get nipped, i really dont get it

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
that is strange... based on that, they're probably just shy individuals... only time will tell

1 - 4 of 4 Posts