Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm very new to this forum but I'm giving it a try 馃槉. I would like some help on my stocking. If you could please help me it would be appreciated. I have a 29 gallon aquarium, and I would like to make it a community tank. I was looking into a honey gouramis and I think getting two if them would work well with the tank size I have and all the plants I plan on getting. I'm really worried on overstocking, especially with my first ever fish tank. What type(s) of fish do you think I can add to my tank?

Registered
Hello, I'm very new to this forum but I'm giving it a try 馃槉. I would like some help on my stocking. If you could please help me it would be appreciated. I have a 29 gallon aquarium, and I would like to make it a community tank. I was looking into a honey gouramis and I think getting two if them would work well with the tank size I have and all the plants I plan on getting. I'm really worried on overstocking, especially with my first ever fish tank. What type(s) of fish do you think I can add to my tank?
Hi!! I'm The Fish Lady!馃榾 nice to meet you!馃槂
  • Hatchet fish
  • Rainbow Fish
  • Guppies
  • Mollies
-Killifish
Omg, hon! I understand but the sky is the limit! You are going to have sooo much fun!
Just my advice is I would refrain from any type of "aggressive" babies unless you want this type but I'd never put anything like these in a Community tank and no Goldfish because they sort of bring their own little "problems" with them but there are like sooo much out there; you know? Stay with the same water temps and parameters and you'll do just fine, hon!
When you are finished, post pictures! This is always fun!馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi!! I'm The Fish Lady!馃榾 nice to meet you!馃槂
  • Hatchet fish
  • Rainbow Fish
  • Guppies
  • Mollies
-Killifish
Omg, hon! I understand but the sky is the limit! You are going to have sooo much fun!
Just my advice is I would refrain from any type of "aggressive" babies unless you want this type but I'd never put anything like these in a Community tank and no Goldfish because they sort of bring their own little "problems" with them but there are like sooo much out there; you know? Stay with the same water temps and parameters and you'll do just fine, hon!
When you are finished, post pictures! This is always fun!馃槂
Thank you very much for helping me, I appreciate it alot. P.S once everything is up and running I will absolutely show pictures 鈽

Registered
It has been my experience that your tank will dictate your stocking more than anything else. A small tank dictates your stocking because the water and bacteria growth has to beable to handle the waste load. Even dying or dead plants will add to that bio-load. Start small & give your tank time to establish its own natural balance & if anything get as big a tank as you can afford with good filtration. Anything, including fish or inverts will not thrive or survive in septic conditions.

Reactions: susankat

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has been my experience that your tank will dictate your stocking more than anything else. A small tank dictates your stocking because the water and bacteria growth has to beable to handle the waste load. Even dying or dead plants will add to that bio-load. Start small & give your tank time to establish its own natural balance & if anything get as big a tank as you can afford with good filtration. Anything, including fish or inverts will not thrive or survive in septic conditions.
Yes I will follow your advice and start of slow with how many fish I will be putting in, I will definitely leave room for possible other fish to live in my tank without any problems. Thank you for responding and giving me advice鈽

1 - 7 of 7 Posts