Aquarium Forum banner
121 - 140 of 178 Posts

· MOD
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Rainbows not decided on which yet. Going to add more substrate. several swords and vals. The clowns and cories will stay, also have some grass guppies in there right now, will probably leave the guppies in the 55 when I move all the fish from the 220 to 55 while redoing the tank. I also want to add more wood to the tank.

· MOD
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I haven't even started yet with the redo, waiting till late spring/early summer. Now I have to get another 50/55 and get it going to move the fish into while I do this. Its going to stay freshwater as it would cost me an arm and leg to set it up as salt.

· Registered
325 Posts
Substrate.. using sand as a substrate if fine... IF .. you keep your eye out for pool filter sand. Playground sand can and will compact. PFS on the other hand has been graded to a size of .45 - .55 mm which allows water to flow thru it, hence it's use in pool filters. Some of the PFS's will make your tank cloudy for a day or so if ya didn't rinse it extremely well. The brand I buy, "Lighthouse", can go in the tank without any rinsing and will clear up in an hour... instantly if I add the water slowly. Best of luck! Bill in Va.

· MOD
9,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
I have used both pool filter sand and play sand, I like the pool sand better as its finer and softer.

Black diamond has been holding up pretty good, but may be just using it as a base sand with peat on top then pool filter sand, I really haven't decided which way I want to go. I may even decide to put cichlids in the tank.

· Registered
143 Posts
I never see a thing like that before. Wow is beautiful,congratulations in yours success. For sure it will be a lot of fun with.

· Registered
35 Posts
Your aquarium is so elegant. Can't wait to see the new look.

· Registered
325 Posts

· On the wild side
4,110 Posts
wow, that is AMAZING. Great job, my hat is off to you!

121 - 140 of 178 Posts