Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to introduce Wild Altums to my tank & had massive deaths. They must of been carrying a disease because they all died and my one healthy altum is on deaths row. The only fish left are 2 Plecos & 1 Bottom Feeder. Before I add new fish, how would you suggest cleaning the tank to ride any possible disease. I was going to do a very thorough gravel vacuum & clean all the filters while adding new media. I am running allot of bio media so this should keep my Biological system in check. Then I was going to do a 50% water change 2-3 times over the next week while keeping the tank at 86 deg. Would this eliminate all disease & how long would you weight before adding new fish.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
Srry about that i read it and didnt reply

I would think that it would go away but i would use aquarium salt to make sure

·
Cornelius
95 Posts
I would also pull what you have left out for observation and let the tank run for a month with no fish in an attempt to give whatever is in there a chance to die off.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured so. Just wanted second opinions. I was going to let it run for 2 weeks after i do a good cleaning, However i new deep down 3-4 weeks would be best.

Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts