Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to thank you for all the help in pm's when i started up my 36 Gal back in sept. i had no clue as to what i was doing and neither did the local pet stores.
im now running a T5 light setup , 5watt uv filter and Diy co2, with no fertz and i can't get a break with how fast my plants run and keep growing .

its currently stocked with 2 German blue rams, 19 Cardinal tetra, 3 black skirt tetra, 1 panda cory, 3 oto's, 1 bushey nose pleco, and 6 amano shrimp.
steady Ph 6.2, kh 2, temp 78-82.

a few Pix. :fish10:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8127/p1000173e.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7893/p1000208w.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i had 3 panda corys they were in the tank for about a month then last week i lost one and 2 days ago i lost another Everything else is fine, no spikes or anything. they just died -_-. i havent lost anything else in about 4 months when i lost one cardinal. so im not sure if i want more corys. maybe they didnt get enough food? i do a 15% W/c every other week and clean the gravel a little ( not much cause all the plants) i feed once a day and have been since i started up the tank. should i try sinking pellets if i do get more corys. +i think 5-11 is a wide range lol.. im kinda at the inch per gal rule . but i guess there cleaners so it isnt horrible, maybe not 11 but 4-5 more.

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
Hi Jason, glad to hear the tank is doing good. As whitedevil says add more cories, with it being pandas I would add at least 7 more, you would be amazed at how they all act together.

Yes get some sinking pellets for them as they are bottom feeders. A good quality shrimp pellet or catfish pellets. They are a carnivorous fish so make sure you don't get algae wafers. Personally I feed all my bottom dwellers kens sticks, earthworm sticks, brine shrimp sticks. and for the omnivores I also get veggie and spirulina sticks. This you have to order online from Kens Fish Home of Quality Fish Food, And Supplies At Excellent Prices.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
went and picked up some fish . saw some german blues and they beged me to take them home ( i swear). so 2 rams and i got 5 more corys, all they had left of that kind.( tried to get all the same kind of corys, they are Sterba's Cory's) and grabed a thing of sinking shrimp pellets. i Feelt bad when i droped some pelets in the tank and my amano shrimp started eating them...... as long as no one tells them whats in it i guess. o_O
thx again for the help and comments !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts