Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I recently started a 37 gallon freshwater aquarium and I was planning out what fish I want to get. My question is do you think I could get away with:
1 bala shark
1 striped peacock eel
2 silver dollars
1 dragon goby
1 black ghost knife
1 angelfish
and 1 plecostomus if I buy them all when they are small?
I know that one day they will out grow the tank but how long do you think that would take?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
42 Posts
Most of those fish are either incompatible with each other or will outgrow the tank pretty quickly. Maintaining water quality would be hard work with such an overstocked tank to.

Black Ghost Knifes don't like overly active tankmates like Bala Sharks & Silver Dollars. Dragon Gobys get way too big for your tank & are really a brackish water species though they can adapt to freshwater if the transition is done very slowly. Bala Sharks are a schooling fish that should be kept in groups of at least 4 & they are too big for your tank. Silver Dollars also should be kept in groups of at lest 4. They are also plant destroyers whereas Angelfish love plants & will feel rather insecure without them. The Pleco really depends on what species it is. A common Pleco, no way, they are way too big for your tank. If you were to pick something like a Bristlenose, Clown Pleco or Pretty Pleco, they would be suitable for your size tank.

From that list I would pick only the Angel, MAYBE the Peacock Eel & a small breed of Pleco. The rest don't belong.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts