Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
very nice...(jealous)how much live rock do you have in there???

·
~/root
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like a nice start. How much light do you have? SPS and most clams need a bunch. I ask because the mantle of your clam seems retracted.
He closes and opens as he wishes he is kind of an awkward little guy.

but for the record I have 2x 400watt metal halide with 20,000K...........

Most days he will be closed and sometimes retracted, around 6-10 he will be fully open.

·
~/root
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heres for DrHank

I took a couple snaps of him just a couple mins ago, he looks a bit happier. He only really opes up at night like i said.

·
*blackback butterflyfish*
208 Posts
It's looking awesome!! Just wondering, how do you pile your live rock like that, i am so nervous it is going to tumble over that i only have like 2 high..

·
~/root
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's looking awesome!! Just wondering, how do you pile your live rock like that, i am so nervous it is going to tumble over that i only have like 2 high..
I just made a base that is about half the width of my tank and just started putting piece together. I didn't just randomly stack. I have about 210lbs of Live rock. I bought about 80lbs at a time. So what i did was i went through the bucket piece by piece and found a suitable place for it trying to fit them together like puzzle pieces. I had 1 piece un lodge and come crashing down however it never made it to the sand bed. that's why i have those branches out past the base of the stack. In-case a piece of LR falls hopefully it will hit a brand before hitting the sand bed and lose most of its momentum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts