Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just started my 77 gal tank, been set up for 4 weeks now, ready to get some cichlid, are these ok to mix together, Blood Parrot, firemouth, green terror. Was told also to get some top and bottom swimmers, a bottom fish would be a pleco, but what would be a top fish, that I could mix? Does the driftwood have to be real, or fake would be ok, and what about ph what is good level? Thanks to all that answer, Paul

·
Registered
167 Posts
77 is a great size to get your cichlids started!
from what I know of, the blood parrots and firemouths can be mixed.
not sure about the green terrors though.
but make sure they are all around the same size when you get them so there is no ganging up right off the bat!

for the ph, I keep my cichlid tank around 8.3, and to be safe I'd go with the real driftwood.
a little bit off topic, but I dose my tank with API aquarium salt about every 2 weeks or so. it will improve the gill function of your cichlids and add some color vibrancy too!

hope this helps!

Reactions: PGAACES

·
fishboydanny
584 Posts
with the salt, make sure you keep up with the water changes though! otherwise you could kill your fish from too much salt, since it doesnt evaporate & cant be romoved without water changes...

·
Registered
167 Posts
with the salt, make sure you keep up with the water changes though! otherwise you could kill your fish from too much salt, since it doesnt evaporate & cant be romoved without water changes...
haha, good point!
I forgot to mention that. =p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts