Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited Cultivated Coral yesterday and they had this tank setup as a seahorse tank, it was awesome!

The price isn't bad at under seven hundred bucks for everything...
check it out:

Rimless and Braceless Aquarium! You get the full set up!
Tank, 150watt 14K MH sleek and modern fixture and beautiful
black stand with glass door and drawer.

Hidden behind the false wall of this aquarium is a built-in
venturi skimmer, dedicated heater compartment, biological and
mechanical filtration, pump and an auto top-off.
Cultivated Coral

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Solara Rimless 34 Gallon Cube

Yea its really nice.
That picture makes the glass appear smoked a bit but it's not in person, its quite clear.
And you can't see it in the picture, but the stand has a glass door and a shelf so you can place a nice silk plant or some nice decoration and really make it blend into the room as a beautiful piece of furniture.

·
Registered
259 Posts
looks Great, love the montipora... i know seahorses are REALLY cool but they tend to die with in the first year to year and a half, a pricy investment for something that lives a short live, but they are one of my favs.
keep it up bro! oh and are they mated?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased this Solana Aquariuum... I have never owned an aquariuum before. This seemed like the best option for me. I want to do a little bit of everything (coral/reef, fish etc..) I got the sunpod 24 hr HQI lighting system - which was almost as much as the tank lol

So I had it set up with live rock and sand in less than an hour. Going to watch it and learn how to test levels for a week and then go get some coral's / fish.

i'm excited but also a little nervous cause I hear so many horror stories about salt water aquariums!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Caige, you should take pic sand vidoes every week and by the time your finished or near done, youll be amazed at how it has progressed, i did and it cool to look back at...

·
Registered
119 Posts
goldenmacman,

if you get some captive bred one they can live longer..g/f has one that is over 2 years and shes doing fine..good water quality is a must as with any tank..fresh or saltwater..good water quality and nice hiding places and you can have seahorses with you for a very long time

Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow super excited that I found this tank after searching everywhere through google for days. I have a few questions for you guys.

Are you using a chiller? Any issues with the turnover rate i've read its a little to much for seahorse? Were there any other mods done to safely house the horses?

Other than that im just excited to see one being used for horses. I have been promising my wife for a month now that I would make this happen. Great forum btw!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,

It's a great seahorse tank. I removed the stock return pump. It's a 20+w no name from China and it put's out alot of heat. I replaced it with a Max-jet 900. Tank runs about 76 or so. You can lift the MH pendant to keep it off the water if need be.

Any questions, let me know.

Nick DeBellis
Cultivated Coral
Cultivated Coral Inc.

Wow super excited that I found this tank after searching everywhere through google for days. I have a few questions for you guys.

Are you using a chiller? Any issues with the turnover rate i've read its a little to much for seahorse? Were there any other mods done to safely house the horses?

Other than that im just excited to see one being used for horses. I have been promising my wife for a month now that I would make this happen. Great forum btw!

·
Registered
190 Posts
That looks really nice, its made by current usa isnt it, does it come with a filter and all of that. I love it looks awesome , you going to make it a sea-horse tank?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts