Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Aspiring Aquarist
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know I have only been on here for a few days, and thanks to the few people who did respond to my questions, but it seems a lot more people just dont care. I am really interested in the health and well being of my tank. How am i supposed to take the best possible care of it if nobody helps me with it. I like this forum but I am thinking of going else where because it does not seem to be very helpful or supportive.

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
When I set in a cube, I can't see this forum.

·
Banned
3,683 Posts
For a planted tank I wouild use some peat moss in the substrate with sand on top then gravel.

For plants I use (10g) 4-6 bunches of anacharis, 6 vals, 4 small potted plants, and a single amazon sword.

I plant then let the tank set a week.

Then add a single fish (male platy) and not add food for a week.

the add more fish (a female or two) and start feeding a single flake per day.

In 6 months I have a tank full of fish.

No circualtion, no filtration, no water changes, just the tank, substrate, water, fish and light.

my .02

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I dont sit in cubes,never will. I want more out of life then that. You can do two things in life, make yourself rich or someone else. Working in a cube makes others rich.

Logans, PM those members that helped you before, heck drop me a PM and I will send you my email so you can ask anytime. If im not at home im out in the field but got a decent phone so I can check my emails anytime.

I do this stuff for a living.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am typically not as well informed as some of the pros here, but I am very good at doing research when a particular question piques my interest :p

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
some of us dont work weekends and dont have access to the internet at work. I do most my postings on the weekends. more so now that I am free and not building and tearing down tanks for 7 weeks straight.

Beasl, alot of keepers dont know of the el natural method. I got a MTS tank set up like this now and its really nice being able to keep inverts without any electricity.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Yikes! I hope I didn't miss any of your questions. Thought I answered them (or at least the ones I saw) where I could.

I do know how frustrating it can be to get answers. But please do keep in mind what was mentioned earlier that not everyone is on all the time. Great folks and I'm sure any and all of your questions will get answered.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts