Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i don't think they are legal to own anywhere in the US. i saw a show about them on TV, and it said that they are illegal to own because too many people release them into the wild and they make a great decline in native fish populations.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't think they are legal to own anywhere in the US. i saw a show about them on TV, and it said that they are illegal to own because too many people release them into the wild and they make a great decline in native fish populations.
I was reading an article from the gov't that are are illegal in like 7 states as of 2002 and NY wasnt one of them...but thats 7 years ago...

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
currently they are illegal in 13 states and there is a breeding population in NY, so i am guessing New York is now part of the illegal list.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i have seen rainbow snakeheads at my LFS and online, so i think there are only certain sp. that are illegal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
its only snake head that can live in cold water that will be illegal due 2 them eating every thing n walkin on land lol but if u can find type that will only live in warm water should be fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts