Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Renaming this guy Houdini because he keeps escaping. New record set at 5-6ft on dry surfaces. Across the counter, down the cabinets, across the floor.

Swear he's the most curious little guy.

Will be installing a madmax-esque wire cage to the waterfall to thwart future escapes until I get the bigger tank figured out 馃槄馃槄馃槄

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
He's also good at hiding in his 1.25 gallon. 1 grass culture, 1 anubias, 1 skull deco and he can disappear entirely despite his bright stripes... makes it that much more hectic to wonder if he's hiding or setting records outside the tank 馃槅

The other snail on the 1.75 gallon side was on his back somewhat close to the heater, so I'm guessing he jumped off when it turned on and floated a bit... I was grabbing a long tool to flip him and he flipped himself grabbing the substrate as I was opening the lid

Registered
I've had to put lids on my aquarium tanks because of my snails and certain fish. Custom cut acrylic from lowes works great. Cut out slots for my filter and everything. I take off the lids to get awesome shots of my tanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol. He is really trying to go go go aint he. And is your tank cloudy? From the pic it looks like it
That's the partition, it's a small split tank for bettas with a waterfall. It's like a opaque plastic for bettas so they cant see each other. The snail would eat the algae up the waterfall then go offroading and forget how to get back (I'm assuming)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts