Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought several plants (anubias, java fern, val, hornwart, java moss) from my local aquarium store. About a week ago, I noticed 2 or 3 tiny snails in my tank. Today I found what I think is a sac of snail eggs. Should I remove them? I have an adult male Bristlenose Pleco and an adult Common Pleco in my planted tank with driftwood, spiderwood and Seachem fluorite gravel. I don’t mind having snails and don’t particularly want to destroy them but am concerned about the population getting out of control as I don’t think either the Bristlenose or the Common Pleco are particularly interested in eating snails.
Organism Wood Bedrock Rock-climbing equipment Automotive tire

Water Liquid Fluid Cloud Eyewear

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I have been feeding one algae wafer each at opposite ends of the tank as suggested. Then the next night I will feed a long, paper thin, peeled strip of cucumber attached to a veggie clip (which gets removed if not fully eaten). I alternate between these two each night. Is this a suitable amount to feed? Should I be adding anything else to their diet (i’ve tried shelled peas and they weren’t fans).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts