Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I purchased an all glass aquarium from a local pet store that used to be there display tank. Its a 325 gallon cube tank that was leaking..... I took it all apart and cleaned off all the silicone. Now comes the fun part of putting it all together again, but I have no idea what type of silicone is reef safe and will have the strength to hold it all together. The little tubes that you get at the fish store would be cost prohibited because it is so expensive for a little tube and i would need a thousand of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
should i build some sort of jig to hold the sides together when the silicone cures? I was looking into using pipe clamps too. I just want to make sure I don't have a tsunami of water in my house because i didn't properly set the silicone. I know for sure my wife would then make me get rid of all my tanks if that happened : (......

·
Pleco n bn breeder n BOSS
7,685 Posts
I know at home depot they have these big clamps that can be used by furniture makers and such that will work on the ends of the tank. I don't remember the cost I think 5 or 10 dollars each and they are in the hardware dept. I have used these to hold the ends together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts