Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’m new to this group. I’ve been keeping freshwater fish and dwarf frogs for a year now so I’ve still got a lot to learn. I’ve had this dwarf gourami since June. His fin started to deteriorate prob 4-6 weeks ago. I took out one of the decorations that i thought may have been the culprit. Very recently, the past few days, we’ve noticed that his color is lighter, his fin is much worse, has some brown discoloration here and there and his face is really starting to deteriorate pretty bad. :( I’ve been doing a lot of research and thinking this is bacterial in nature. I bought everything to put together a hospital tank but am thinking since he’s exposed my catfish and endlers, i should treat the entire community. I’ve purchased erythromycin and i have found minimal articles about the safety of treating the other fish as well. Thoughts?
Water Fin Underwater Fish supply Organism
Hi

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do water changes weekly, 25%, since i have a 10 gallon aquarium. I check parameters twice a week and they’ve been the same for months. Ph runs low but it’s been consistent.
Here’s yesterdays parameters
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20-40 (How much can i safely exchange to get this to zero)
PH 6.4-6.6
General hardiness 50
Not sure what kh is?
I’m thinking fin rot too. I think he got that injury months ago and it led to this.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you follow the directions on erythromycin box (dose every day for 10-14 days with water changes every few days)? I’ve seen some videos saying to treat one time and let it sit for 7 days and then do a water change.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately he passed away ☹. He was actually the bully of the group. The other fish are cobra endlers and Cory catfish.
Do you guys think i should continue to treat the tank with erythromycin?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts