Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody...quick question about shrimp. If I put some algae eating shrimp in with my tiger barbs, danios, mollys and neons, would they get eaten? My daughter saw shrimp last and really wants some.

Thanks!

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Tiger barbs will make a buffet out of them. The other three will be fine. If you move the 3 tiger barbs to the 55 gallon tank then the shrimp will survive.

Reactions: mdmorash

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Sir Dingdy Dang
65 Posts
Every week I have to clean a few shrimp exoskeletons out of my aquarium. I have 10 and they have grown pretty fast in the last couple of weeks. If you find little shrimp shaped bodies, it's just their molted skin. Another thing, if you are getting Amono shrimp, they are really active, especially on the first day you get them. They will swim around like fish and try to find any way they can to climb out of the tank. They can almost climb up smooth glass, so be sure you have some kind of top to your tank. Even a small hole around your filter or tubing will give them more than enough foot hold to get out. Mine calmed down and stopped trying to escape after about 48 hours. They are fairly docile bottom dwellers now. They also love blood worms.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, thanks for the info.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
I let my shrimps eat their exoskeleton. Replaces calcium to rebuild new shell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts