Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experienced about shrimp to know if any of these breeds listed below will interbreed with red cherries? Tried to check compatibility chart but none of these are listed in there except the Tiger Shrimp
Marble Shrimp
Mountain Bee Shrimp
Red Nose Shrimp
Red Fire Shrimp
Tiger Shrimp
Bumble Bee Shrimp
Blueberry Shrimp

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind, I found out which are compatible or not. Basically there are only 2 genuses of shrimp. Neocaridina and Caridina. And the 2 cant be housed together.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Marble Shrimp
Mountain Bee Shrimp
Red Nose Shrimp
Red Fire Shrimp
Tiger Shrimp
Bumble Bee Shrimp
Blueberry Shrimp
The only ones on this list that I know of that would not work with Cherries are the Blueberry. The are both in the Neocaridina family.

Curious on the Red Fire and Marble though. I know of salt species but not familiar with freshwater unless the Red Fire is a Sulawesi variety.

The others (one species of course) can be kept with cherries.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only ones on this list that I know of that would not work with Cherries are the Blueberry. The are both in the Neocaridina family.

Curious on the Red Fire and Marble though. I know of salt species but not familiar with freshwater unless the Red Fire is a Sulawesi variety.

The others (one species of course) can be kept with cherries.
Thanks Archer+James. Yea, I noticed some were saltwater after I replied to my own post. Blue shrimps are so hard to find. Blue tigers dont exist anywhere around me that I know of. So I really wanted the blueberry... to find out they are a Neocardina... :(. I might settle for Crystal Red and Crystal Black.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Thanks Archer+James. Yea, I noticed some were saltwater after I replied to my own post. Blue shrimps are so hard to find. Blue tigers dont exist anywhere around me that I know of. So I really wanted the blueberry... to find out they are a Neocardina... :(. I might settle for Crystal Red and Crystal Black.
I see Blue Pearls every once in a while and Blue Tigers even fewer. Of course the BT's are a bit on the pricey side to boot.

I've got quite a bit of CRS/CBS if you do decide you want to go that route. Will be doing some thinning when I get back from holiday over the weekend.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see Blue Pearls every once in a while and Blue Tigers even fewer. Of course the BT's are a bit on the pricey side to boot.

I've got quite a bit of CRS/CBS if you do decide you want to go that route. Will be doing some thinning when I get back from holiday over the weekend.
Are their requirements the same as RCS to breed? I have a pH of 7.0 in my tank and I think its too basic for them.

This guy is in Southern Cal and is a good guyto deal with and well respected on onther forum.

Bobs Tropical Plants

I found this on AB.

AquaBid.com - Your Aquatic Auction Website
I would definitely buy them but I dont have a credit card/debit card :(. And I know nothing of shipping. Whatever I get for my tanks tend to be local :p

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Are their requirements the same as RCS to breed? I have a pH of 7.0 in my tank and I think its too basic for them.

I have found (at least in my case) that they are very prolific with PH ~ 7.4 and Temp 76-78. Started with (12) sub adults and soon after (5) berried up. Seems like they all dropped at the same time. ;o). Quite a few berried at the moment as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts