Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to thank everyone here for their advice and help as I got my new 29. gal. tank up and running. It finished it's cycle and I was able to put my inherited fish (a 6" gourami and a 9" pleco given to me in a 10 gal. tank) in it. They are doing MUCH better with all the space they have now. The opaline gourami's colors have deepened with his contentment and he's become FAR less aggressive with the other fish at having plenty of space to swim now.

Here is a shot of Tranquility Tank:

I'm starting to slowly re-substrate and plant (right side of the tank, I have a pile of fluorite). The Pleco keeps uprooting the Wisteria and he knocked over the coconut piece with the java moss. Going to have to find some sort of weights or something to allow the plants time to root.

Oh yeah, and the small piece of background paper you see in the back there is to allow the fish a safety zone where they can feel hidden if they need to. My kitchen sink is directly behind the tank and I like to be able to watch from all angles.

The 10 gal. is now housing my betta, who is tickled to have a lot more space to swim too from his 1.5 gal.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
nice conversion:) i bet that betta feels right at home...as for the pleco, i hope you know that they get rather large for anything less than 60 gallons. unless it is a bristlenose than it is fine.

nice job on the tank so far:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I know they get big. The pleco and the gourami were a friend's fish and she was keeping them in the 10 gal. initially.

This is the best I can do with my apartment space. If the pleco can hang on another year until when I buy a house, he will be given a large tank to swim in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts