Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread was made for people to post videos of their predatory fish feeding. Please include a video and a brief description of the fish. I like looking at new predatory fish (I love them), Thanks.

If you have a video on youtube post the link if not a pic is ok.

·
Banned
1,148 Posts
Video !!!! im lucky to give you this blurry still of one of my predatory fishes, The Ctenopoma acutirostre, Rose wil be happy to hear that They are related to the ever popular Betta Fish (Betta splendens). (And you thought id never have a betta) lol. They need plenty of room to hide out and live happily. They are carnivorous fish who love to stalk their prey, holding themselves completely vertical, bending their caudal fin to look like a leaf, before going in for a kill. Just before a kill, they open their mouth creating a cylinder type funnel and swallows the prey whole. However , so i wont get a thrashing from the "Never feed live food Crowd" :) mine enjoys a diet of small sinking cichlid pellets, spirulina brine, blood worms, white mosquito larvae, etc. and is very thankful to get it. LOL

·
Goodwill Ambassador
614 Posts
wow...love the predators guys especially that gar

how big is that "tank"

·
Registered
56 Posts
How do you upload pictures? I've got pics and vids of my red belly pirhanas feeding. Frozen food so it's not graphic. What's the best way for sedating predators while moving? I've heard of a homemade remedy of 10 oarts everclear to 1 part clove oil then you us .1ml/gal for big fish and .5ml or less per gal with small fish. The guy that posted this on another forum was holding a 15" black rhom pirhana after doing a surgeery to remove parasites. Then after about 20 min back in fresh water it came to. he recomennded covering to tank with a blanket for 12 hrs till the fish regained full awareness.

·
Aspiring Aquarist
47 Posts
beautiful fish everyone!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Holy cow. Feeding a fish as large as some of these must be a task.. and the exodons? How in the world do you keep those from going into a cannibalistic feeding frenzy in that confined a space?

·
Aspiring Aquarist
47 Posts
Aspects, what kind of fish is that first one in your post? The yellow one with the black spots? S/He is really pretty! Kind of looks like a puffer to me but im new to this scene so i could be waaaaay off

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wow these fish are amazing to watch, thanks for the pictures everyone.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts