Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone keeping a single species , tank I was thinking of a 30g with 50 or more small tetras-and maybe a few shrimp but no other fish

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
if u spray paint the back (outside) of the tank with black, use black substrate, dim lighting, lots of live plants, and use HUGE shoals of cardinal and/or neon tetras, along with HUNDREDS of cherry shrimp, the results will be breath-taking!

·
Registered
187 Posts
if u spray paint the back (outside) of the tank with black, use black substrate, dim lighting, lots of live plants, and use HUGE shoals of cardinal and/or neon tetras, along with HUNDREDS of cherry shrimp, the results will be breath-taking!
Yea thats a great idea but instead of painting the tank,What i did was i bought a piece of plexi glass cut it to the exact size of the back of my tank.Now all i do is eather paint it the color i want or i tape a background onto it.Makes changing looks alot easier!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
it was actually a very experienced friend who told me that idea. i'll have to ask him/her for pics.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yea thats a great idea but instead of painting the tank,What i did was i bought a piece of plexi glass cut it to the exact size of the back of my tank.Now all i do is eather paint it the color i want or i tape a background onto it.Makes changing looks alot easier!
i just use laytex based paint. then you can just peel it off the back of the tank and repaint it when you want

1 - 10 of 10 Posts