Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the shelf life of Blackwater Extract? I've had mine for about 10 years. Would it be okay still? I had thought to set up a discuss tank then, never quite did it, though. I did use it a few times on my bettas then.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Sorry I do not know but you could call the number for customer service on the container. Usually they have a toll free number to call if you have questions for the product listed on the label or a website to visit to ask questions. The website would have the number under "Contact Us" at the bottom of the homepage.

Rose

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the replies. Its made by TetraAqua and is called Blackwater Extract. I've had it for quite some time. What I'd be afraid of is some type of bacterial contamination in it since its been so long since its use. But then, branches stay under water for years if not decades. I came across it again after digging through an old box of fish care items I had stored. It supposedly has vitamins and peat extract. I imagine the vitamins have broken down by now.

·
Goodwill Ambassador
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I contacted Tetra's 800 number, the answer is, if it is opened, its okay for a year. If unopened, 2 - 3 years. They won't guarantee it longer than that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts