Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woke up last week to find my tank blew a seal on the corner and had to replace it. While I set up the new tank my Severum (about the size of a dollar bill) was in a 5 gallon bucket.

Once I put here back in the tank and things settled in she is behaving very strangely. I never see her eat, and this is very rare she is usually right at the top gulping what ever I put in. Also she is giving really agressive shakes at me when I am near the tank, and if I put my hand on the glass she nips at it.

I have only seen her nip and posture at people one time when she spawned some eggs in the tank, and that was only for a few days after she spawned. I checked and there are no eggs in the tank at all.

Should I just wait this out or is there something I might be able to do? I have not seen her eat in about 7 or 8 days now. I am putting sinker shrimp pellets in with a few of her normal floaties I think maybe she is picking them up off the bottom. The floaties are just ending up in the filter, before the tank started leaking she tore the floaties up said thanks and begged for more.

She is the only fish in the tank along with a small cat fish. I'll take a video of her if that helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She is eating again and being her sweet self.

I have a Japanese war time flag as the background of the tank. I had not had that up for the first week and the day after I put it back up she stopped all this behavior. So either one more day of stability cracked the behavior or she really loves that flag. Just so happy she is eating again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts