Aquarium Forum banner
21 - 40 of 97 Posts

Registered
Were you the one who told me to get more plants? Tall ones or little ones?
Hi!!馃槂馃槂
Yes, hon!馃槂
You can choose what you like! That's the fun of it!馃槂馃槂
Then, I'd use large ones on the back and mix up med to small on the sides and middle!!馃槂
Omg$ I bet you'll be having sooo much fun!馃槂
I love doing the decorating part!
Pictures!!馃槂馃槂馃槂

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hi!!馃槂馃槂
Yes, hon!馃槂
You can choose what you like! That's the fun of it!馃槂馃槂
Then, I'd use large ones on the back and mix up med to small on the sides and middle!!馃槂
Omg$ I bet you'll be having sooo much fun!馃槂
I love doing the decorating part!
Pictures!!馃槂馃槂馃槂
OK Fish check this out:

@susankat too!

So my tank is up and running cloudy with sand but I鈥檓working on that, no fish yet. I鈥檓 testing my parameters I forget how often to do that. I tested everything on the ninth and then again today. And the ammonia has always been zero. According to other test shouldn鈥檛 I have at least 10 nitrates? This tank cannot be cycled in one week ~ Can it?
I am not sure what to do next. Just wait? That requires patience not one of my virtues馃槀
Im thinking about doing a water change andsucking up all that dust and stirring up the sand and doing something to get rid of all this dust in the sand!
Thoughts on everything?

1C141054-76A6-4EA0-A904-F28C309E90BD.jpeg
DE58366A-B981-4B9D-A42C-72FAF74CDEB0.jpeg
83C735FB-A900-465D-8FD9-9A4A2E805637.jpeg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Are you adding an ammonia source? Need to add to bring up to 4.0 then test everyday It takes 4 to 6 weeks to cycle. You need to get liquid test kit as strip are known to be in accurate
Susan I just bought all test strips because somebody said the liquid test is in accurate. I used to have the liquid and all little test tubes.

I Have not added an ammonia source so I鈥檓 going to buy some and start that process. Which I just found out I should do

Thank you Susan always responding!

Registered
Susan I just bought all test strips because somebody said the liquid test is in accurate. I used to have the liquid and all little test tubes.

I Have not added an ammonia source so I鈥檓 going to buy some and start that process. Which I just found out I should do

Thank you Susan always responding!
Hi!! 馃槂
Yes, strips are yucky, use liquid test kits. They are a little more expensive but well worth it!馃槂
This is what we use as well.
Funny!馃槂 we just set up our Marble Crayfish tank today too!!馃槂馃槂 how exciting; ey?馃槂 I think so!
You are doingggg great, Sweetie! Wow! Amazing!! I can't wait to see it!馃槂馃槣

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hi!! 馃槂
Yes, strips are yucky, use liquid test kits. They are a little more expensive but well worth it!馃槂
This is what we use as well.
Funny!馃槂 we just set up our Marble Crayfish tank today too!!馃槂馃槂 how exciting; ey?馃槂 I think so!
You are doingggg great, Sweetie! Wow! Amazing!! I can't wait to see it!馃槂馃槣
Hey woman! I can鈥檛 go back to liquid test I use those for years it鈥檚 too time consuming and strips are much quicker and easier for me. Plus I just bought a a bunch as my other form seems to be a big advocate for them.

I want pictures of all your tanks from a distance! You are so kind and inspirational I love your posts to me鈾

Registered
Hey woman! I can鈥檛 go back to liquid test I use those for years it鈥檚 too time consuming and strips are much quicker and easier for me. Plus I just bought a a bunch as my other form seems to be a big advocate for them.

I want pictures of all your tanks from a distance! You are so kind and inspirational I love your posts to me鈾
Okay...馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀
Hi, I think!馃槀馃槀馃槀
I need you to breathe...please...馃槀馃槀
Yes... I sigh...they are definitely time consuming... I was actually going to get some strips myself (what a hypocrite; ey? 馃槀馃槀) just to do "quicky" checks. Like, you know something may be up and you want to check real fast? We now have 8 tanks and I understand, sometimes you just need to be quick, really I do!馃槀馃槀
I'm not judging; honestly... We all need to do what's good for us and our babies!馃槂
Pictures; ey? Maybe tomorrow for its late and I just put them to bed, literally!馃槀馃槀
You know what, hon, you just made my day...bless your heart; thank you. 馃槂馃槂

Registered
Okay...馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀馃槀
Hi, I think!馃槀馃槀馃槀
I need you to breathe...please...馃槀馃槀
Yes... I sigh...they are definitely time consuming... I was actually going to get some strips myself (what a hypocrite; ey? 馃槀馃槀) just to do "quicky" checks. Like, you know something may be up and you want to check real fast? We now have 8 tanks and I understand, sometimes you just need to be quick, really I do!馃槀馃槀
I'm not judging; honestly... We all need to do what's good for us and our babies!馃槂
Pictures; ey? Maybe tomorrow for its late and I just put them to bed, literally!馃槀馃槀
You know what, hon, you just made my day...bless your heart; thank you. 馃槂馃槂
Hi!!馃槂馃槂
Okay, since you were sooo patient with me. The last 2 days were water changing days!
Here are some pictures of our tanks and our babies...enjoy!!馃槂馃槣

Registered
Hi!!馃槂馃槂
Okay, since you were sooo patient with me. The last 2 days were water changing days!
Here are some pictures of our tanks and our babies...enjoy!!馃槂馃槣
The 1st one is our Freshwater Angelfish
The 2nd one is our 75 community tank
The 3rd one is Huff-Puff's cage, our Leopard Spotted Puffer, and he's in the middle of his cave if you look closely.
The 4th one is our snail's estuary with multi-colored light in it.
We have 4 more aquariums that I didn't send pictures of as well.

Registered
The 3rd one is Huff-Puff's cage, our Leopard Spotted Puffer, and he's in the middle of his cave if you look closely.
I forgot 5, it's The Munsters cage, 5 Moori/ Dolphin blue cichlids!!
Plant Flowerpot Houseplant Rectangle Wood
Plant Vertebrate Pet supply Fish supply Organism
Plant Pet supply Fish supply Organism Aquatic plant

Attachments

21 - 40 of 97 Posts