Aquarium Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am Marie! I live in California and I am getting back into being an aquarium owner ~ once again! I have pictures of my old tanks, and Discus were my passion!

I’m going to be setting up a 29 long gallon I am very excited! Here’s what I’m looking at so far:

• 2 Discus
  • Rummynose tetras
  • German Rams
  • Cardinal Tetras

I just don’t know how many of each except the Discus.

I also know that I will never buy fish at the LFS But I have forgotten where I used to get them. I think I got them online but I would not be able to be home to except the shipment.

Also I can’t seem to reduce my size of my photos to GIF. How do you do that?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi! I am Marie! I live in California and I am getting back into being an aquarium owner ~ once again! I have pictures of my old tanks, and Discus were my passion!

I’m going to be setting up a 29 long gallon I am very excited! Here’s what I’m looking at so far:

• 2 Discus
  • Rummynose tetras
  • German Rams
  • Cardinal Tetras

I just don’t know how many of each except the Discus.

I also know that I will never buy fish at the LFS But I have forgotten where I used to get them. I think I got them online but I would not be able to be home to except the shipment.

Also I can’t seem to reduce my size of my photos to GIF. How do you do that?
Hi, Sweet Poison! Nice to meet you! I'm The Fish Lady!😃
Well, you definitely seem to know what you want!😂😂 good luck!! You go, girl!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate it! So my tank is set up finally and I added my sand and it was cloudy for a few days and went away which I knew would happen. I got the sand I always get at all years of my big tanks, but I wanted to go in and tweak my plants and stuff and then it got all cloudy again I disturbed the sand!!😡. Every time I go in and touch or move anything the sand dusts up! And yes I washed it before I put it in! This is so annoying and I need help😢

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are the fish I’m looking at and I know I can’t get all of them🥴

What do you guys think?

Green neon tetras,
Chilli Rasboras,
Celestial Pearl Danios
Otocinclus.

Rummynose tetras,
neon tetras,
Harlequin Rasboras,
Celestial Pearl Danio,
Harlequin Rasboras
Rainbow Shiners

·
Registered
321 Posts
These are the fish I’m looking at and I know I can’t get all of them🥴

What do you guys think?

Green neon tetras,
Chilli Rasboras,
Celestial Pearl Danios
Otocinclus.

Rummynose tetras,
neon tetras,
Harlequin Rasboras,
Celestial Pearl Danio,
Harlequin Rasboras
Rainbow Shiners
Hi...again!😃
You could if you only got about 2 or 3 each!😃
Yes, make sure your tank is cycled, of course.
It's you choice, hon, really.😃
As for your "Sandy water", it'll settle down here soon. I had the very same issue and it will. I'd like to only make a suggestion to you but it's up to you though, add a few more plants. Smaller babies just love to hide; you know? I always use plenty of plants, fake or not, because I keep this is mind for them!😃

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will add more plants absolutely! It’s gonna be a while before I get fish. Tanks only been up a week or so. I have to cycle it at least three weeks right? Here was my latest readings ~
I would suggest 4 or 5 oto's and a school rasboras and rummynose tetras 6 of each, not at one time. Oto's last as they need an established tank. Make sure your tank is cycled
Hi...again!😃
You could if you only got about 2 or 3 each!😃
Yes, make sure your tank is cycled, of course.
It's you choice, hon, really.😃
As for your "Sandy water", it'll settle down here soon. I had the very same issue and it will. I'd like to only make a suggestion to you but it's up to you though, add a few more plants. Smaller babies just love to hide; you know? I always use plenty of plants, fake or not, because I keep this is mind for them!😃

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi again!!😃
You are doing grreat!!😃 you get your new babies when you want to, hon. How exciting!😃😃
Don't forget to post pictures when you are finished; okay? I can't wait until I get the privilege to see them!!😃😃
Were you the one who told me to get more plants? Tall ones or little ones?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts