Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I recently purchased a 30 gallon a bit over a month ago, but already regret having bought such a small tank. Thus, I have decided to look over craigslist for the next few months and purchase a 75+ - 125 gallon for this summer when I move to a new place.

My question would be if you guys have mixed in some fish that are a bit more... fin nippy with completely docile fish.

The fish I currently have are:
Roseline Sharks
Glofish Danios
Cherry Barbs
Syno Petricola Catfish
Reticulated Hillstream Loach

If and when I get a larger tank, I was contemplating of adding green tiger barbs, 1 rainbow shark, etc to the mix. I've had them for a short time before, but they were picking on the roselines, or were getting picked on by the rainbow shark I used to own. I am very aware that rainbow sharks are highly territorial, but I was wondering if having that larger of a tank will take care of its personal space issues. I don't know if extra space for semi-aggressive fish = less aggressive. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
You'll be hit or miss with Rainbow Shark. By nature they are a nuisance to others. Not in a mean way mind you. They can be happy go lucky one minute and then turn around and chase anything that moves the next. It's just their nature. But I love em anyway!

The only one that I would be concerned with would be the Hillstream. They really need to be in a river set up with fast moving current. Can be a tad on the sesitive side when it comes to being picked on by others. Just something to keep an eye on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i love rainbow sharks i have 4 currently and they all get along pretty decently with my gold barbs and zebra danio, but they are moody like mentioned my biggest one will be fine then it'll have a hissy fit and chase anything it sees it even attacked one of the plants. but rainbow sharks are by far my favorite fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts