Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, you asked for some pics of the tank I used to have. Will copy and paste some pics over. Again, if the Mods allow, I would much rather paste the link if you want to read the text and look at the other pics

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the small image.</td></tr></tbody></table>

And the Kalkwasser

Reactions: MediaHound

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the small image.</td></tr></tbody></table>

The Slab:

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_5" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

And one from the corner of the Tv Room:

Unfortunately the existing tank is in front of the new tank and it is not easy to take a full frontal, unless I stand on a chair, pressing the cellphone to the ceiling:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The reason the sump broke:

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

Broken Sump:

Good friends like Hugo from Class Glass fixing the sump while I was in a meeting:

And the sump full again - thank you for the salt Herkie:

<!-- GAL -->
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

And the difference when everything is in place and painted. I will start on the "Rockscaping this weekend:

Now Compare post no 16 with this one. At least there is some progress...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="450"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x640.</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

This is the closed loop system running at the bottom of the tank, covered with rock - I have allowed for 08 "Outlets"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The New canopy to be, being polished

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="450"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">
</td><td class="td2">This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 480x640.</td></tr></tbody></table>

And the hardest part of all: The battle with the glass. It took us 04 hours today as we tried to fit it just to get to another obstacle (Some places the fibreglass was too thick) and I had to sand some areas on the fibreglass:

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_6" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="450"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

I knew it was gonna be heavy, but never thought this heavy:

And the glass fitted, silicone done. Now it's only for the frame tomorrow morning:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The Big water fetch- Took us the whole day....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Draining fresh water and putting in Sea water au Naturelle:

And the final product this morning... Well, almost there...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So the old tank has moved out and at last, I can have a "Full Frontal". Setup a couple of minutes ago:

And one with the Painting that was done for the opening on top. Unfortunately the lady that did the Painting, forgot the actual size of the opening and now I have to cut it smaller. Not really want to cause it(the painting) looks nice as is, as it blends in with all the coloured walls in the living area"

I connected the 03 sets of "Moonlights" the other night. Unfortunately I broke one, so only 02 sets working now:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I decided to close my eyes and built a surge device.

The Bucket and the Fittings:

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="600"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

Inside and Outside to show the pipe depth:

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="600"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20">

And Wholla, it works:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts