Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help. I’m new to this. Does anyone own a SeaClear bow front freshwater System II aquarium? Instruction had no clear picture and after set up I have streak bubble lines around the tank. I read another thread that said to submerge the free end of the air tube thats attached to the filter motor. This hasn’t worked to clear the visible lines that appear to be bubbles? It’s an acrylic tank. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. The lines obstruct the view. It’s far from seeing “clear”. I only have a few days to get it right before our fish come. Help! I can’t find a customer service for this company?

image.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally figured it out. The fish protector (has a comb like edge) that protects the small fish from entering the back chambers where the filters are...needed to be lowered slightly and the water level in the pre-filter compartment had to be raised a bit. It was slowing the intake stream to slow and have to fall causing the air bubble effect across the front of tank. Jeez, the set up instructions are awful for this tank and there’s no customer service info anywhere. On another topic, I had to add an air stone and pump because the built in power head definitely doesn’t give the oxygen needed for the tank. The light is also pretty poor so I added an Aquary Fluval LED light strip to the hood, taped it in with duck tape and that seemed to do the job and it’s controlled through a mobile app on my phone which so I can customize the light settings...well worth the investment!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts