Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone's opinion on Seachem Prime? I just set up my 80 gallon and when I went to go get the plants, the guy at the store said he swears by Prime. I saw on the label that it detoxifies ammonia. I asked him if this was like AmmoLock and he said no. I just put in 10 cardinal tetras to cycle the tank and I want to make sure when I test for ammonia I'm not going to get a false zero. Also, is 10 cardinals enought to cycle an 80 gallon tank? Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
IMO seachem products are the great..... you will not get a false reading if you kit is up to date. 10 cards are enough but I would be more concern about the hardiness of the fish for the cycling process. I never used them to cycle.... I had the same school of blood fin tetras that have cycled all my tanks that have been set up in the past 2 1/2 years... these guys are hard to kill. I notice that there gills turn a dark red when the levels get to high... (I know that its came damage the gills) I just use it a site test as I walk by if they start to turn I know to test the water and do a WC on cycling tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts