Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to add a few schooling fish which are not smaller then 1.25 inch, quick, hardy and peaceful meaning they will not nip at my discus and angel. Can you share a few ideas.

They need to be compatable with:

True Altum Angel
Discus
two GBR
Two GGR [ One killed ] Krib below killed the small femail GGR.
Two Kribs [ Had to give back ] paired up & got to aggressive.
Two Odessa Barbs
One aposto
two loaches

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
i like cardinal tets, ive heard angels will eat them, but i have met many people who keep them sucessfully together. u could also as suggested danios. though its the cardinal tets that form the tightest schools (neons are more tighter, but too small).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The store i went to carries some Nice Wild-Type Zebra Dainos. But i thought i read that they can be fin nippers. I also like cardinal Tetras

·
Registered
72 Posts
well like i said im new to all this but the zebra danios i have dont seem to care about the other fish i have..they stick together and leave the others alone...i have 2 clown loaches, and 4 tiger barbs....last week i lost my rainbow shark and 2 tiger barbs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well so far I have came down to the following.

Cardinal Tet, Rummy nose, & Glow Light Tet which are all peaceful, like slightly soft acidic water, and are not fin nippers. Any other suggestions?.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After allot of research I think i am going to get Harlequin Rasbora . They will do good in my water, are very peacfull, Are very quick swimmers that school and are large enough that my True altum could not eat them.

·
Registered
192 Posts
sounds like a nice tank. I dont have any angels right now, but they are awesome fish. great personality.

·
Registered
47 Posts
After allot of research I think i am going to get Harlequin Rasbora . They will do good in my water, are very peacfull, Are very quick swimmers that school and are large enough that my True altum could not eat them.
I was about to reply that I used to keep rasboras with my Discus. They did pretty well, and they are very nice little fish.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was about to reply that I used to keep rasboras with my Discus. They did pretty well, and they are very nice little fish.
Yea-I went a little crazy and got 20 of them. I was worried at first, but my filtration can handle it. I have two HOB 65'S each rated 270 GPH and a Rena xp4 rated 450 GPH on my 55 Gallon totaling 990 GPH:). They are fun to watch, but wish they kept tighter schols. Then again, I just got them so maybe in time that will change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts