Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a tank with a baby bichir (about 4"), 3 baby angels (under 1/4" body size, about the size of a quarter with the fins) and 2 mollies....I'm concerned about plant matter debris (my tank has live plants) uneaten food, and algae...does anyone know a good scavenger fish that would eat these extra bits a crud? I notice that my mollies eat some of it, but was wanting something a bit more interesting...any suggestions are helpful...also I'm new to the site! hello!

·
Aquarium Fanatic
1,267 Posts
Well first of all welcome
I have used ghost shrimp in the past for this type of problem. They will eat about anything they can get when i had them they would eat flake food, poop, dead fish and anything else they can find laying around. As far as the algae goes you could go with a common pleco or one of the many different types of plecos or if you would like something a little more "exotic" there are Cory cats, Chinese algae eaters, Siamese algae eaters.

·
Registered
192 Posts
what is your tank size?

I added a 4 lined pictus catfsih to my 55gal tank, and he eats anything in sight. He is a bit out of control when he feeds and i dont know how he would do around live plants. He's big and runs into a lot of things, but he like a friggin hoover. I also live crawfish and cory cats. I have them in most of my tanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts