Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Always reading n learning
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
right outside Wilkes Barre Pa. I use to own a LFS. I built everything in 3 weekd. Sad to say its all gone now. Here are some old pics.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,108 Posts
Looks like a nice shop! You should upload those pics to your gallery and embed them in the post though so they don't get lost in the shuffle ;)
Attachments are not searchable etc like the photo gallery is.

BTW we have this cool video on posting pics:
Posting Pictures Tutorial - AquariumForum.com

Anyway, that is a nice shop... mind if I ask why you closed it up?

Best regards
 

·
Always reading n learning
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two partners became really rude to customers and the customers would only come in when I was there, then my other job took me away from the shop from time to time and then they slowly weeded me out (just a nice way to put it) then they where on there own for 6 months and all the people stopped coming in they couldnt sell a goldfish, all the people went to a different shop I steered them too. They ended up smashing all that you see in the pics and throwing it in a dumpster. Ive had a aquarium since I was 9 Im now 42. This is what they new about fish the salt water setup was running for no more than a week and it wasnt cycled in the least bit 800 gallons, They went out and bought 1500.00 worth of stock. In a store you can imagine how many fish that is. Put them in the tank they dropped dead 1 after another then had the ba&&s to ask me why they died. Well enough of that It still burns me up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
Wow no kidding. i would be pretty ticked off too. The nerve of some people thinking the know better than you do. I deal with that with my father-in-law but it always blows up in his face LOL. Well why not start up your own shop? By the way I was going to ask how come the shop was up and running in 3 weeks but you kind of explained as I read. If you guys were in that much of a hurry you should have just sold stuff to help people with starting up there their setups and then when they were ready to add livestock you were ready to add yours and sell.
 

·
Always reading n learning
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow no kidding. i would be pretty ticked off too. The nerve of some people thinking the know better than you do. I deal with that with my father-in-law but it always blows up in his face LOL. Well why not start up your own shop? By the way I was going to ask how come the shop was up and running in 3 weeks but you kind of explained as I read. If you guys were in that much of a hurry you should have just sold stuff to help people with starting up there their setups and then when they were ready to add livestock you were ready to add yours and sell.
I wasnt in a hurry. I suggested to use Bio Spira, Dont know if you ever heard of it you can Introduce fish safely within 24 hours expensive but it does work. Would have cost us like 300.00 to do the tanks but I didnt know anything and 1500.00 literally went down the toilet. I still sell things to Local LFS inverts and stuff. Thats why its hard for me to walk into a lfs and see the prices of there live stock knowing what it really costs before the mark up. If you saw for instince a $100.00 fish in the store it costs the store say $3.50. Prices on Corals unreal. Shop of my own :fishRed: who knows.
 

·
Always reading n learning
Joined
·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well then you should keep us posted if your heart leads you in that direction.

If i did do it I would just stick to corals its a lot easier shallower holding tanks. Also would depend on how many people where interested in the coral. It would be internet only that way I could kill the overhead so it would be cheaper I know for a fact I could beat any price what so ever since I would be in it for 70% enjoyment the other 30% would be the money factor. I remember I was selling some corals like elegance for 29.99. Candy cane was like $5.00 a head. I remember one purple acan had 50 heads on it I sold if for $59.99 The guy almost sh&t his pants when I told him the price he couldnt get the money out of his pocket fast enough. There where no sizes in the store like most places are you picked the one you wanted and thats what you got small medium or large all the same price.

You really got me thinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
264 Posts
If i did do it I would just stick to corals its a lot easier shallower holding tanks. Also would depend on how many people where interested in the coral. It would be internet only that way I could kill the overhead so it would be cheaper I know for a fact I could beat any price what so ever since I would be in it for 70% enjoyment the other 30% would be the money factor. I remember I was selling some corals like elegance for 29.99. Candy cane was like $5.00 a head. I remember one purple acan had 50 heads on it I sold if for $59.99 The guy almost sh&t his pants when I told him the price he couldnt get the money out of his pocket fast enough. There where no sizes in the store like most places are you picked the one you wanted and thats what you got small medium or large all the same price.

You really got me thinking.
It really is something to think about. Maybe i get the first discount since I got you thinking. LOL.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top