Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:nemo3::fishGreen: HELLO FOLKS! IVE BEEN ILL FOR A FEW MONTHS, AND HAVE NOY BEEN ABLE TO DO ANY MAINTENACE. LOTS OF GREEN HAIRY ALGAE, SAND LOOKS TERRIBLE. WATER READINGS ARE OK CEPT FOR NITRATES. I NEED SOME ADVICE, IWAS THINKIN BOUT ADDING SOME MORE LIVE SAND, IVE ONLY GOT ABOUT 1-2 INCHES. IWAS ALSO WANTING TO CHANGE ABOUT HALF THE WATER, ITS A 15 GALLON W/A 70 WATT HALIDE. I WAS WANTING TO PAINT THE OUTSIDE BACK WITH BLACK PAINT. WHATS THE BEST, SAFEST PAINT TO USE? ALL MY CORALS AND 2 CLOWNS ARE HEALTHY, THEY COULD BE PUT IN A HUGE COOLR W/A HEATER, AND CIRCULATION. ANY IDEAS, TOO RISKY? THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR CMMENTS!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey! Any Ideas Out There? I Guess My Basic Question Is, Is It Ok To Mix New Live Sand With An Established Tank( About 1 Year Old)

·
Registered
190 Posts
IDK what would happen if you added more Live sand, but I do know if you buy LR it usually start the cycle up again, therefore high nitrates and ammonia. But if you get cured LR it wont, but idk about the sand, when I get algea I try to stir up my sand bed or blow it off and then siphon it out. IDK though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts