Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered I have extremely hard water. I'm thinking I need an RO system. Any recommended brands or sizes? I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money but realize they aren't cheap

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
depends on your needs, size of tank, hof often you change the water, if you have a holding tank because an RO unit is no good unless on a constant auto water changer system or has a holding tank.

I got a 25gpd unit and a 100 gpd unit.
Going to take me 2 days to fill my 210 with the 100gpd unit as opposed to 8 days with my 25gpd so I had to upgrade.

You get what you pay for, I have 2 spectrapure RO units and love them

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess im not so concerned with filling my tank as it is already full I just need it foe water changes. As far as a holding tank does it have to be under pressure or will a simple water holding container work? Does RO water go bad if not sealed?

·
~/root
661 Posts
my holding tank is a 75 gallon trash can (plastic of course) with 2200 GPH pump in it. For top-off I have the float valve feeding straight from the RO unit itself.

I use a 150GPD Ro/DI unit. I have no idea what brand it is i will have to post when i get home. It's some off brand but it works like a charm.

·
Queen Platy
932 Posts
They sell RO units at my lfs and the cheapest is $100. So its not TOO bad. However, I dont remember what brand or how many gpd it produces "/. But I can go check it out the next time I go to the store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts