Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
gypsyfla
938 Posts
Re: Review of Drs. Foster And Smith

I have bought from them recently and in the past . The prices are ok depending on what you want and the quanity you are looking for. They have a lot of good sales.Good selection also.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I buy heavier stuff from them due to their fixed shipping prices. I have gotten bags of flourite gravel, and 1/2 gallons of flourish, excel, and trace. I also got my pH meter from them. Great site, good prices, excellent shipping options.

Never ordered livestock however.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've made several purchases from them and have been satisfied. I've bought products that were much less through them than locally...this was at the same time their shipping was just $5.99! So it still saved me to buy with them than going to the nearest Petsmart.

I've bought plants from liveaquaria.com...they were in good health, unfortunately my Anubias (which were huge and gorgeous when they came in) lost all their leaves a few weeks after---they were grown emmersed and shed due to now being underwater :(

They STILL are not making new leaves after 3 months of having them!!!! Of course, this isn't Foster/Smith's fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've bought fertlizer (Kent's Freshwater), Prime, and fish food from them. I'm satisfied. I wanted to buy replacement bulbs for my Coralife fixture, but they didn't have the smaller size I needed for my 10G tank, which I think is a little odd. I ordered them from another place; satisfactory, and this weekend found them (for more $$) at a local shop. So DF&S is okay by me for drygoods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts