Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, we have been off-line so to speak as our reef tank has been dry for the past couple of years. We are ready to return to reef keeping. We are:
Jeff & Lauren Marmaro, and we live in EXOTIC Aurora, CO. We have a 175 gallon Oceanic bowfront reef tank. When we took it down we had a sort of fire sale in which we posted all of our livestock and live rock for sale. Our prices must have been good for the buyer, as it went astonishingly fast.
Now, we are wanting to set things up again and are prepared to go slowly. Since I work for the proud state of Colorado and am enduring furlough days and no raises and indeed a salary cut, we have to do things on the cheap at first. So, if there are any compassionate souls who have stuff to sell cheaply or donate we would be most grateful. We do have some other equipment for freshwater tanks and reptile terrariums and equipment that we can trade. Initially, if we can get some small amount of substrate or a few fragments of live rock to help us get the biosphere going, we would be most grateful.
Also, since I work at CBI's crime lab I would be willing to provide tours to any who want to as a sort of thank you to those who assist us.
Anyway, we are looking forward to having our reef tank back up and re-entering the Rocky Mountain Reef-Keeping world. Thanks to all! -Jeff & Lauren.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Welcome back to the hobby! You might want to also post a wanted thread for better exposure in the equipment wanted section.
Sounds like that would be a very interesting tour of CBI's crime lab!

Hope to hear about the progress of setting up your new reef. And hopefully someone near you has some extra stuff to help you out.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Welcome to the forum and back into reef keeping! If you guys weren't in a different state (Illinois) I'd be happy to give you a nice Tyree green toadstool frag, but I'm just not a fan of shipping in the winter, especially with unpredictable Chicago weather. If I buy some heat packs soon I'll let you know. If I do, I'd be happy to send along one of those frags if you pay for shipping. I have a nice gorgonian that's ready to be fragged too. Good luck with everything!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Welcome to the site!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts