Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, recently I cleaned out my 50 Gallon tank and when positioning my filter I stood it up this time instead of laying it down, the spout blows towards the center of the tank. I also have a Rio Power head 600 and a normal filter that sits on the side of the tank. What i've noticed is my Red Devil stays close to his castle now and doesn't venture around as much after this water change (4 hours ago). Maybe he's still getting used to everything but he swam by the current twice and seemed a little put off by it, should I lay the filter back down or wait until things return to normal in the tank?

the tinfoil barbs seem fine with it, though I know they are a river fish more or less so maybe they like the current where the Red Devil is a lake fish and may be most displeased?

Nate

·
cichlidaholic
36 Posts
Generally it shouldn't be an issue unless the current is like a firehose or something, but you are correct in that normally they don't encounter alot of current in the wild. You might try adjusting the flow so that it doesn't blow dirrectly into the center of the tank.

Also you do plan to upgrade soon right? That 50 will be tight quarters for thoise guys before long.

·
cichlidaholic
36 Posts
Good for you*Glasses*! yeah just try to divert some of the flow and he'll be happier .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts