Aquarium Forum banner

441 - 460 of 463 Posts

·
I CHANGE WATER
8,440 Posts
sorry to hear about storm.The foxface are fairly delicate but he is big so hopefully he pulls through.The anthias can be finicky also so no real suprise about her.
I do have a generator for power outages,that I use to make heat for house and run many other things with,including fish tanks and refrigerator.Losing power can be very expensive if you have a tank.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Hello Tom :)
How are you?
Yeah.. As you said the storm can cause lots of damages for tanks,specially when the temperature drops.

I only lost one anthias and all the others look great! The foxface has no more white spots.but now i am concerned a bit about what will
Happen when i add new fish to the tank,specially tangs.
I also got finally! My RO unit! I already made 200L and i am preparing a 100L water change.my tank is 13 months now and I have done in total a max of 120L water replacement(in total) which i think is too little... Now that I have my RO system I won't worry again about how to get ro water.

Have a great week!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #443 (Edited)
Hello Tom!
How are you? :)
I am here to post some news:animated_fish_swimm

First I added some algae in my refugium to help lower my nitrate:

hébergeur image gratuit

for the display tank,

heberger image

everything is doing fine! But I noticed after buying my missing test kits that my parameters were in a mess! Ca above 900 and an undetectable kH,I begun dosing as I cited before,I then transferred to powder kH the liquid ones didn't have any effect I needed a lot to raise it. After a couple of weeks I succeeded into getting the kH into his rightful place about 8,and I am still dosing kH every week because my Ca is still high,but thankfully not as much as before,as lowering the Ca my kH is also being lowered that's why I am dosing frequently kH.
As a result my torch coral is doing great!! I never imagined that I could save it!

hebergeur gratuit

I also added a couple of new corals a trachyphyllia and a plate coral :
they are doing great!

image a telecharger gratuitement

hebergeur dimage

I am planning to remove the leather on the right of the tank,it is really a large one! and not that much of a beauty.. I am also planning to remove the elephant ear mushroom or to place it in a corner it is also so big for the place where it is right now,it is killing the geometry(?) of the tank aquascaping.

I am planning to begin some SPS very soon just waiting to get my Ca into its place! a matter of 1-2weeks.

For the fish side,I didn't lose any fish except the female anthias that was attacked by ich due to the cutoff of electricity otherwise everyone is doing great! I added 4 wrasses I honestly don't know the exact name of them.. but between them I have fairy wrasses and a cleaner wrasse.
I also added a yellow hogfish.
Here is a picture that reunite the 3 new fish(there is still 2 wrasses hiding) the yellow one is the hogfish the pink one is the fairy wrasse and the other one is the cleaner wrasse,I know the last one won't live for long time :/ ..

hébergement gratuit d'images

téléchargement de photos

During christmas holiday I want to clean a bit the background of my tank and re-check the placement of the corals,the upper bridge will be reserved for SPS only

in 2015 I hope I will be able to begin with SPS and add more LPS scoly,hammer,more euphyllia and a bubble tip anemone.As for the fish side I am going to add tangs soon.:fish10:*w3

I hope you are all having a warm season! and enjoying christmas! Merry christmas everyone! Wish you all the best! Enjoy the holiday!:)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #445
Hello Tom! :)
Thank you so much! I will try to contact him! :D

Thank you! :) if my aquarium is looking good right now it is because of your continuous help! :)

Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
Hello Tom!
How are you?
Today I got this damaged coral for a very cheap price 10$,i don't know if I can save it,I suppose it is a brain,do you think I can rescue it? any tip to do so??
Here is a picture:

herbergeur d image

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #452 (Edited)
Hello Tom :)
I dipped the coral,and it is placed in a low flow area.
I tried to feed him this morning before lights goes on in oder that its tentacles are out.but unfortunately no tentacles out.. I tried to place food on its mouth and the shrimp(aaa!!) always find a way to take corals food. So i used the bottle method and covered the coral and placed food on its mouth and waited.. 10min later the center of the coral opened and it ate the food :) A good start? Hopefully!
I got my new bangai cardinal fry yesterday :) i will post pictures tonight
Have a greaaaaat weekend Tom! And thank you for your help!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #454
I searched for selcon before here in the lebanese market but nothing.. I read that it is a good product for feeding fries,corals... unfortunately it is unfound here.I will try to check to see if they can ship it to Lebanon.

Thank you for your help Tom! :)
Have a greatttt week-end!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #457
Hello Tom! :D
Long time didn't post! hehe..
First the trachyphyllia is recovering very well!! I will take a picture of it tomorrow.
Here is few updates of my tank! I got my first sps few days ago!

hebergeur gratuit

heberger image

image gratuite à télécharger

image gratuite

And the view of the tank overall: I also got a small powder blue tang that is luckily very healthy! no white spots.

hébergeur images

Télécharger des photos

Still need lots of coral to fill my tank but it's moving ! :D
I hope you are having a great week Tom!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
Thank you so much Tom!!
yes everything is good here! Got my easter vacation from yesterday till the 14th of april.Have some exams to study for but that's okay :)

What about you? I hope you are having great days! :D
Happy Easter by the way!

Here is the trachy this morning

hébergeur image gratuit

441 - 460 of 463 Posts