Aquarium Forum banner

421 - 440 of 463 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
Hello Tom, how are you? :)
Today I went to the LFS to get my Ca and kH tested,i noticed that my coraline is disapearing and maybe it is realted to the lost of my coral lately?
Ca is good (450) but alk is very low.. the LFS was surprised how low it is.. He gave me an additive to use it from SERA,but I am not totally convinced that it is the right one,since its name has nothing to do with kH,I told him,he told me that's the one,he showed me another one from SERA that was for Ca.in other way he was sure that it is the right one,and I trust him he never gave me something just to sell,but still.. Better be sure before adding anything
the name of the product is :
sera marin COMPONENT 2 Ca pH-Buffer.
But in the description of the product it says to keep testing the kH,this is the description of the product:
"Stabilizes the pH system in marine water aquariums.Use the sera kH-Test kit to conveniently check the carbonate hardness. Combined application provided, sera marin 1 and 2 are balanced according to the optimal pH value in saltwater and stabilize the natural buffer system in reef aquariums."

What do you think? Do I miss a point? And is it correct? it is the right additive for kH? if not to return it back to the LFS. Thank you so much!

Thank you so much! And I hope you are going to pass a fantastic week-end! :D

·
I CHANGE WATER
8,440 Posts
Happy Friday Oliver!
The product looks to be what you want from what I saw.It says to balance with part 1,but if your Ca is good then you will just be balancing.
sera GmbH - Products - sera marin COMPONENT 2 Ca pH-Buffer
If your Ca stays ok then you don't need the part 1.If it drops then you need both.
My tanks go through the Kh stiff pretty quick.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Hello ! :)
I begun adding small doses of the product,I added a teaspoon yesterday and I am going to add tomorrow half a spoon and the day after half a spoon also.. in the end of the week I will get my water tested again at my LFS,or I need to get seriously a test kit as fast as possible.

Thank you so much Tom for always helping me here is a picture of my copperband doing very well! :

The foxface is doing better.. but he is still afraid and stressed easily.. It is a matter of patience I suppose..

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Good evening Tom!
You are right,I will get the test kit tuesday,I have uni monday/wednesday/Friday so it will be for tuesday.

Thank you so much! I hope you are having a great week-end!! CHEERS!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
Good evening Tom!
Well I have some weird news lol
I have change the aquaspace of my reef!
I will post some pics tomorrow... Hopefully you will like it(be honest lol)
I hope I won't have a new cycle :S I cleaned all the sediments in the water using my sock filter and some wavemaker to blow everything out of the DT,hopefully nothing will happen! The water is clear again..

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #430
Yes that's true.. my clowns are hosting the torch coral and the mushroom back again :/ I don't know what to do other than get a nem.. I will wait for the new arrival of my LFS to hopefully get a bubble tip anemone,the easiest to take care of. I see carpet anemone,but they are not that easy..as I read.

For the copperband hehe he is okay! he is just not in this picture he spent the whole day picking at rocks lol

One more thing,the mushroom,do you think there is a better place for it in the tank? i don't know where to place it..

Have a nice sunday Tom!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
Good evening Tom! :)
I just wanted to bring some news for the tank..
I have a bad news also.. the copperband buttterfly died tonight.. it has stopped eating 4 days ago refused eating swimming in a corner of a tank.. during these 4 days it did get slim in an not normal way..today she was very very very slim... and died..

For the good news I think my cardinal bangaii is holding eggs in its mouth.. he has a big mouth stopped eating completely a week ago.I will keep an eye on him! :)

Tom have a greaaaat WE!! TGIF!

·
I CHANGE WATER
8,440 Posts
Sorry to hear about the CB.They can be tough and the one you got looked large.Usaully younger fish adapt better.
The cardinals are a tough fish to raise, but you may be the one to do well.
They breed easy(why they are a popular fish now),but the fry are very much like bettas!
The fry are known to very canabalistic, especially if they have a size advantage over their sibling!They are greedy feeders.Odds are the filter will get most but enjoy and watch it happen.Quite impressive!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
Good morning Tom! :D
Yeah.. I will try CB again only if I find small specimens..
I will keep you updated for the cardinals! I will keep watching the male!

Have a great week-end Tom! :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
Thanks for the comment! :)
I had a problem 6 days ago... A storm shown and my tank stayed 6h without electricity my temperature dropped from 26degrees C to 22 degrees C,result: ICH and some coral look not comfortable..I lost he majority of the fry.. I still have 5 only :/
As for the big fish,all were untouched of ich except my foxface that is dealing very well with the white spots..but unfortunaltey one female anthias has been severely attacked stopped eating and I lost it this evening..
Hopefully next time I will have more luck!And I am thinking to get an APS system in case I have again a problem of electricity,the temperature is a most to maintain in my opinion..

421 - 440 of 463 Posts