Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have my tank filled with tetras now and to finish it for i was thinking about boesemani rainbows. i have been looking them up and nothing seems to be the same does any one have hands on info about this fish only thing i could find in common, they were shoaling fish. like to just general info on the fish aggressive, tank mates, general care before i do anything

·
Registered
756 Posts
They are from 2 completely different regions. Tetras are from the Amazon area of South America and Rainbow are from Australia/Asia. They will get to about 4" and prefer faster moving water than most tetras. They like similar pH but are used to higher hardness. This does not mean that they won't do well together, but my one concern would depend on your tank size and how many tetras you have/how many rainbows you plan to add. These fish are not really aggressive towards other fish but will be more aggressive at feeding (speed) and at establishing dominance within their own school.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
75 gall 6 serpeas , 6 skirts, 6 neon, 3 shrimp, 3 otto, and 1 snail that came along with some plants i bought i got a 1500 cascade can filter (for 100 to 150 gal tank) that is set up with a spray bar it gives strong current on half the tank and the other half has got some current but not a hole lot all the fish go back and fourth to swim and rest i put my bubbler under the spray bar and the spray bar makes alot of smaller bubbles and i see them on plants on the other side of tank. plants and fish seem to like it alot i got a power head dont know if this would bother my fish or not so its not being used just know its a 1140 brought it used 3 bucks at a flea market

·
Registered
756 Posts
Your tank size is great, plenty of room to run and hide. The tetras you listed look like they prefer mid to low areas for schooling while the rainbows will be mid to top. I think you should be fine with 3-4 Rainbows...even a mix of Boesmani and the red ones.

You could probably increase you neons and serpaes to about 10 each for better schooling.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we got one ok lfs and thats a 1.5 hr drive i got all they had when i was there last waiting for some more i was thinking 10 to 12 for the shoal thanks for the help on the rainbows still cant find info on them that match some what differ opinions i guess just didnt want to kill any one of them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts