Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd write a quick Hi to everyone!~
Thanks to Mediahound for posting this link in the Nanner Forum!!!!

I've had fish off and on since I got my first tank when I was 8. I raised the $$ mowing lawns and other odd jobs for it.. unfortunately it only lasted 2 yrs before there was a winter storm that took out power to the town and there was no heat in my room for several days..
For the last 17 yrs I've had fish for my kids to enjoy, until about 10 yrs ago when I set my sights a little higher and Planned a pond for my yard.. So now I keep a pond out side for me and a small tank inside for my daughter...
My current fish are comets, 2 molly, and I think I might still have a koi and a shubunkin in the pond.. We had a flood last yr that came up over the pond and some fish swam off.. I just haven't done a proper nose count since.. I think there might be some stray fishies in there as well..

Gina *BabyBlue*

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Hi Gina, thanks for joining! Thats a pretty cool story you raised money for your first tank when you were 8 by mowing lawns. Thats dedication!
BTW your pics in your photo gallery are great! Thanks for uploading them for all to see!
Hope you enjoy it here and make yourself at home!

PS, for those reading scratching their heads wondering about the "nanner forum", it's a website for people interested in and who grow rare types of banana plants: Bananas.org - International Banana Society

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Welcome and I look forward to pictures and getting to know you better. I am fairly new here myself but everyone makes you feel welcome so enjoy the site. It is a friendly place.

Rose

Reactions: BabyBlue11371

·
Reefer, Plants and Ponds
270 Posts
Gina- Thanks for the pond pics! I also keep my pump going throughout the year. Well worth the effort, I think. Do you keep the mollies outside in winter? I have some I was unable to net to bring in, so I worry about them.

Reactions: BabyBlue11371

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes!!!
Since I lost my first tank to bad weather in winter I freaked out we had an ice storm about 12 yrs ago that had the power knocked out for a few days.. I was afraid my fish would get too cold so I put a candle by the tank to help warm it.. this is the picture I took..

Sorry it was such a fuzzy pic.. Not sure if it was the warmth they were there for or the flicker of the candle.. but it was so cute..

Saltydad, my mollies are in the tank inside.. I don't know how they would deal with cold temps...

Fish finder, It floods here about every 5 yrs.. but never as high as it was this time.. far corner of my property is the highest it has been up and that was about 1951.. closest I've ever seen it in the 16yrs I've lived in this house was about 400 ft away... as the water came up i kept saying.. "that is as high as the water will get" when the water came up to the top of the foundation of the house and we had to evacuate i gave up saying that.. and thankfully that was as high as it got.. They said it was a 200 yr flood.. Doesn't make me feel any safer when it rains hard..

any way.. I really don't know much about exotic fish.. I had some with my first tank, but mollies, goldfish, guppies are about all I know about now..
Gina *BabyBlue*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts