Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have 2 zebra danios, 1 rummynose tetra and 2 white clouds in a 20 gallon high tank. I just added two blackskirt tetras to the tank on sunday. They get along fine with the smaller fish, but the bigger tetra is bullying the smaller blackskirt. He won't let him get anywhere near the food at feeding time, he chases him visciously. No fin nipping but the poor little fish isnt getting any food. He spends all his time skulking in the back of the tank, while the other fish school together. I can't add anymore blackskirts right now, because I don't want to overload the tank and cause it to cycle again. Is there a way I could feed him separatly or something, or should I take him back? I'm not sure what to do.

I was also wondering, what is the best stocking level for this size of tank? I have the five smaller fish and the two tetas right now. I was planning on getting at least 3 more tetras to make a school and stop the bullying, Is that too many fish? Right now ammonia is 0, nitrites 0.5, nitrates 0, hard water with high ph (~8) Tank is heavily planted with java fern and hornwort, running for about 1 1/2 months. Do I need to wait until the nitrites are 0 before adding more fish? Sorry for the long post; so many questions, so little time!

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i would wait for the nitrites to go to 0.0
i am sorry i dont understand the G bit what is your tank in litres or ft
i could help you if i knew this

cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
thanks
ok then i would say it is fine to school the tetras
they really dont get big and three would be fine, but i would do a water change to get rid of that nitrite first before adding the fish
i would do a 25% water change that should be enough to get rid of it
and then all will fine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts