Aquarium Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am in the process of setting up my 75 gallon on some older hardwood floors that are uneven. What is the proper way to balance the tank? Right now I have a few pieces of cardboard under the left side and it seems to be balanced perfectly. The problem is, now the brace along the bottom of the stand that runs longways is at that angle caused by the cardboard shims. There is about a centimeter gap (maybe more)between the longways brace and the floor, which obviously gets smaller towards the right side. It seems like once I fill the tank completely, there will be some serious pressure points on that brace and it makes me nervous. Anyone have any suggestions??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've always been told it does not matter if the tank is level as much as it must be on a flat surface. Use something more solid like ceramic tile, steel washer or something solid to shim your stand. Your floor might flex a little to also. I have a 130gallon on a plywood floor with carpeting and it's doing fine. It is a little higher on the right side but the stand is totally flat so I haven't had any issues. Remember that the majorority of the weight is distributed on the four corners

1 - 2 of 2 Posts